Ads 468x60px

Bollywood news

Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Award tamasha - Hindustan Times

Bollywood actors, including Kareena Kapoor, Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi, criticise award shows — call them a circus, rigged and a sheer waste of time.
Kareena Kapoor
The actor says she prefers to be on holiday with friends during the award season here, as awards don't

matter much to her since they are mostly offered to undeserving candidates. "Awards don't matter much to me. Lots of award functions asked me to attend them but instead I chose to go to Switzerland because that's the only time in the year I get to spend with my loved ones," says Kareena. Does she believe that the awards are rigged? "I'm not sure but it seems so. The ones who don't attend these ceremonies, never have their name declared as the winner. So while the ones who don't deserve it, get the awards, those who deserve, happily enjoy pizzas at home," says Kareena.

Ajay DevgnAjay Devgn
This actor has joined Aamir Khan in staying away from award ceremonies. Most functions just market themselves by wooing celebrities and awarding the ones who agree to attend the events, says the actor. "I don't attend award ceremonies. They give awards to whoever attends it. So they keep their options open," said the 41-year-old, who has won the National Award twice for Zakhm and The Legend of Bhagat Singh. "It feels good when you receive an award. But if a couple of ceremonies are genuine and you attend them, then you have to attend all others too. So it's better that I don't attend any," he says.

Emraan Hashmi
The actor was nominated as best villain for his role in Once Upon A Time In Mumbai at two award ceremonies but Hashmi says, such functions are like a circus and prefers audience acclaim any day. "These award ceremonies really don't make a difference to me. I have got my acclaim and awards from the audience. I don't approve of these nominations," he says. "If you see any award ceremony, they are pleasing everyone. There are three categories for every actor… it's ridiculous… I really don't want to be part of the circus. The whole industry goes and claps for it but I don't want to be part of it," says Hashmi.

With inputs by IANS

0 comments:

Post a Comment